Monday, February 26, 2007

Felted experiments

Ta Da!! Haven't done much felting for a little while. Now I all inspired because I went to our monthly Feltwest workday here in Perth. Above are some bangles and below some felted rope inspired by fellow felters.
I got a new book on felt called 'Felt' by India Flint. It is cheap and has lots of projects in it that I want to try. Sometimes having someone explain it to you without being shown just isn't the same as reading and looking at photos. I want to make a hat and a poncho/shawl for winter - I am actually planning ahead!! I have bought a ball to try 'bowl on a ball' - lots of ideas here for my exhibition later on in the year. AND I want to make a felted tote. A lot of the felt I make I give away a presents, so these things will be for me :) There is a felt exhibition coming up at the end of March and I have a piece in mind for it. Last week i tried to make a start, but it was not to be. I had to buy silk chiffon and no one had any. I also wanted to go buy wool tops for it, but the people I buy it from were moving that very weekend!! Maybe this weekend will prove more fruitful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: