Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Fibre Postcards for a Cause

Today I sent off some postcards to America. Virginia Spiegel is fundraising for the American Cancer Society. Heaps of postcards will all be for sale at a the International Quilt Festival in Houston for $30 each with all money going to Cancer research. http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/NewFiles/ACSFundraiser.html I chose the theme: Lift, because we all need a lift every now and then, especially if we are trying to cope with the reality of cancer. Hopefully seeing these at the Festival will lift the spirits of someone who needs it.

What's quite exciting about these postcards for me is that all of the fabrics to go on them. The green background is a result of my first go at dyeing. I coloured vilene, felt to make the letters and created the 'stamps' from water-soluble paper. I'll make some ATCs next using a similar design.

1 comment:

Susan from Quiltart said...

I was lucky enough to get Lift: L It is amazing I would love to know more
about how you made it. I tried to email you at gmail but it bounced back Susan