Tuesday, June 6, 2006

It's Official...

I got the letter in the mail today. So it's all happening. I've been playing around with some new techniques the last little while. Sometimes I feel like this is all I ever do. There's always new things I want to try - makes it hard to know where to start. Paintshop Pro and I are becoming fast friends. I've finally sussed out the settings I need for it to print really nice photos with my inkjet. I discovered the correlation between ppi (pixels per inch) on the computer and dpi (dots per inch) on the printer. If you want a good image then you need to set the resolution to at least 150 ppi if you have a 600dpi printer. Makes a world of difference. Still can't get image transfers 100% sorted. I will wait until Golden soft gel medium is available again and give that a go. Today I printed out some photos I took that I have manipulated. I have printed them onto fabric using Bubble jet set 2000. Now all that remains to be seen is whether the colour stays IN after I rinse the fabric.

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hi Hannah
I really hope you get this comment, because it's one I'm making on a really old post!! Just wanted to tell you I've read through your blog and am totally blown away by your work. Wow! This post showed your 'box' similar to mine...love the colours you used!
Mary Anne