Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The journey begins

I now have an exhibition date and thus a goal to work towards. Looking forward to starting to create. In April, I applied to be considered as an exhibiting artist in 2007 at a local gallery. I worked really hard on my application, even made a powerpoint of my artwork. The great thing about this gallery is that there is no hire fee because it is government subsidised, so a really great place to exhibit as an emerging artist because it doesn't cost a lot. They do the advertising for you and print flyers and posters.So yesterday they phoned and said they'd like me to exhibit. It's really exciting, I'm stoked. Now I've gotta get to work and start creating. The good thing is that I work really well when I have a goal to achieve and work towards. My exhibition won't be til October next year, so I've got plenty of time to let my ideas develop and to learn along the way.

No comments: