Friday, August 5, 2011

Kombi Kamping

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that as a teenager I wanted to one day own a kombi of my own. My uncle had a metallic blue one when I was a kid. The bohemian, travelling, drifter in us all can't help but be seduced by them. Travelling wherever the wind or whim takes you... whether it be a perfect point break, deserted forest trails or into the throng of a festival. Supremely customisable, archaically functional - if a little quirky - with oh so much personality.
For some, the dream remains a dream. Others commit to the tweaking and tinkering that comes with the reward of ownership and the sweet, sweet freedom.


Paint job for the kombi
It can be hard to balance responsible, adult life with the desire to escape and take off. I find my balance here.

No comments: