Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What I've been up to...

I've been busy making lots of Christmas presents the last few weeks, plus a table runner for a friend's wedding present. Best laid plans, hey? I had such an omb morning. To start I had to go to spotlight. Thought I would get there early so I'm hanging around home til like 8:45. Get to spotlight; they opened at 8. omb. I'm making a table runner as a wedding gift for a friend who's getting married this weekend. (Pictured below) Now I decided its too thin and not long enough - hence going to spotlight. I decide I will buy red, black and white silk brocade for the two narrow ends. I will also buy black felt for the back to make it sturdier and I will buy 4 black tassels for each corner so it is a bit more spiffy. Well, the only brocade they had was green and pink, the black felt was expensive and too narrow so I had to buy double and do you think they had ANY black tassels? non. O. M. B. Here is the clock I have made for my Mum using water soluble fabric. This is the piece I was working on and mangled, then fixed, after conducting a council of war to solve the problem. As you can see, it has elements of the samples posted earlier. Minus the burning.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hannah, your work is gorgeous! Love the clock - bet your Mum was rapt!! The piece under it - can't believe it was ever "mangled" - it's a stunner!!