Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rainbow in the storm

Things are pretty gloomy today. A huge front is passing over the City. It feels like winter.

I spent the whole weekend painting and drawing and these are some of the results.
Pulled out the sewing machine for the first time in about 2 years. Feels good. And my needle was sufficiently worn in to blast through the watercolour paper.
stitch and watercolour

After I completed the one above I came across this amazing website with tips on controlled washes and graded washes and the like. So I have been pracitisng my technique. The writer talks a lot about using the 'bead' of watercolour and not letting it dry out. Makes sense. Worth checking out if you're a beginner like me. The section on common mistakes has been invaluable. With any luck I'll now have smooth washes instead of blotchy ones and no unexpected water marks. watercolour techniques
lines

3 comments:

Johna said...

I love both of these. Can't stop looking at the second one. This would make for some incredible fabric!

Rowan said...

Thanks!!!

Sonni said...

Beautiful, Hanna-Bobanna! I always knew you were talented, but these are extra-special! xo