Thursday, August 4, 2011

Winter

The sun is shining today! It has been a while. We've had front after front pass the south of the coast and whilst we've had swell, it's been accompanied by gale force, onshore winds. Not pretty. I've ordered my mini simmons. Magenta. It should be finished up and arrive just after we get back from Bali. Bali is now just 8 days away and the warmth will be welcome. Couldn't quite wrap my head around the thought of surfing without a steamer. It will be sweet.
In the meantime, the winds have finally swung offshore, there is swell lingering and we're heading to the beach this arvo. At work today I had these guys playing outside my office window. Red-tale black cockatoos. They're so majestic and big. Bigger than a crow or raven. They're an endangered species so you don't see so many of them around the city.

No comments: