Sunday, June 12, 2011

New painting!

Girls' Surfari

I have finally finished this! Been blue balling it a bit. You know when you procrastinate because you don't want to make a mistake? I do it all the time. I don't know why. It's not like I can't just start again...
So I bought better quality paints and then had to wait for them to arrive, then realised I needed to get a bit familiar with them before blasting straight into painting this.

So anyway, it makes me happy. It reminds me of girls' only trips to Lancelin (2 hours north of where I live). It's one of those tiny holiday/fishing/surf towns that don't have a proper supermarket. Lots of scrub and sand dunes. Relaxed and low key. The weekends are always carefree and full of too much good food and filthy language and, with luck, some super good waves. The toughest decisions centre around which board and which thickness of wettie/rashie to wear.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Congratulations! Are you going to pop it up on our lounge room wall?