Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finished surf book and some waves

It was about time I finished off my book by binding it and doing the cover. The wax medium worked a charm at getting rid of leftover paper fibre on my image transfers. The seed head below is a stand alone transfer that was painted with wax medium once finished.
Surf book - cover

The back also has an image transfer direct to the canvas. It came out super bright once the wax medium went on.
Surf book - back
The final page. some doodling with posca pens, more image transfers. The bus is a funny drawing James emailed me of our van that he'd whipped up in paintbrush. You know the one where you have to try and draw with the mouse?
Surf book final page
I've been making the most of the flat conditions by practicing drawing/painting waves. Here's some of the results so far. More if you follow the link to flickr.
making waves ii

making waves v
Fencelines
This last one is a sketch I did up at Gnaraloo, now with some colour added with water soluble oil pastels.

No comments: