Friday, January 2, 2009

Spray painting the car - Biff

Well I thought it would take 2 days and it took 5. Still, I'm really happy with the result...and glad its finished. It's been really hot here in Perth this week. A couple of days up to 40C. First I wet abd dry sanded it with 800 grit sandpaper. In some places the paint had worn off or was flakey. The roof needed some love and was the main reason I wanted to paint it. Worn down to the primer. Masked up and washed down, ready for the undercoat. It took me a day to mask everything... The primer i got was a little disappointing. I couldn't get other nozzles for the cans and the ones they came with were terrible. I used benton brand aerosols for the colours. As well as some custom car colours for the two main blues. This is the first time I've done anything like this, but I had my parents givin me some feedback on the wave as I worked. This is the other side. I did this wave second and learned from the first. i made up a stencil for the front as I didn't trust myself to free spray neatly enough. I've applied my clear coat and its time to take off the paper! The finished van!! Some odd white balancing going on in these shots. :)

No comments: