Monday, October 13, 2008

Sandtracks

It was busy today! More than 20 people out after work. Had a lot of trouble catching anything but had a chat to a few buys who gave me some tips. Now that I'm trying to keep my chin I'm doing weird things, I'm nosediving while I'm paddling and I can feel that I'm lifting my chin up and arching my back even earlier to compensate so I'm not burying the nose. So I have to try pushing down more with my knees to compensate and see if that does the trick. I'm pretty sure I'm where I need to be position wise, otherwise all sorts of things aren't working. Also realised that for the bigger waves I've gotta start paddling sooner. It's a balancing act between getting the board up to the speed of the wave and paddling too early so that you get too far in front and the wave breaks on you/ behind you. So I've gotta push my knees down to offset my chin and I've gotta work on that paddle strength! My arms were tired today, so that's a good sign that I'm working harder. Plus start paddling earlier.

No comments: