Sunday, February 4, 2007

New Fibre Postcards

I have been so tardy with blogging! However I have an excuse: I have been working full time and just don't seem to have enough hours in a week to get everything done! I need to have 4 pieces finished in March for an Art Sale, PLUS my own exhibition in October and a few smaller things in between. Head down, bum up!! I have so many ideas but just lack the impetus to start them sometimes. Or I spend time researching, or on the net getting inspired, or at the shop buying supplies and then you end up with no time left to make anything. Oh dear.

At least I got something done this weekend. :) I have about four more in the works. They are painted but need sewing and melting. All in all I'm happy with these. Might try burning more of some of the others so that the background fabric shows through more.

I have been temping the last 3 weeks and doing a little bit at my mum's school. Will have to put in some requests for relief teaching at a few close by schools. I really want to find my perfect, special job that I know is waiting for me. There are only so many days you can spend standing in front of a photocopier. ;)

No comments: