Monday, January 15, 2007

Plotting and planning

I have made small 8x8cm squares on hand painted cotton and was thinking of creative ways to market them. Thought about framing, but its expensive. Then I thought about mounting them on canvas! That's cheap! Now what to do to the canvas. I want it to look good. But not detract overly from the tiny focal points (there will be 4 on a canvas) and I don't want to spend as much time on the canvas as I would on a whole new piece of art.

So here are my experiments....
This is a piece of A4 canvas that I played with. I quite like the wash effect and the 'mountains'.

This is 2 of the four squares laid on the canvas to see how the colours go etc. (My actual canvas is 80cm x 40cm so will somewhat dwarf the squares...



Close up of squares...
The two above are designed to continue the image. The top one sits to the left of the bottom one. See?


This last piece is not in this set but in another set of 4 for which I will do a similar thing with the canvas...

Stay posted for results!

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

Hi Hannah this is Doreen in Canberra I just love what you have achieved here and I can't wait to see the end result

Dianne said...

Hannah, this is looking so interesting & beautiful!!

Gunnels blog said...

Oh, I really love this piece!