Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Last year I started a felt book. I hand felted the pages and have been decorating them using machine embroidery and dried flowers. I've decided I need to finish this project and move on. I've almost done it. One page has writing in machine embroidery and a sketch on canvas paper sewn into the page. The second last one, I've cut flower shapes out of organza using my soldering iron and have machined them on en masse. The last page I'm very exciting about. I have transferred a botanical image onto the felt using soft gel medium and a transparency sheet. It worked really well which is great as I've had a lot of trouble and a lot of experimenting with this in the past. Hopefully some photos of the finished book soon.